Diffstat (limited to 'README')
1 files changed, 7 insertions, 7 deletions
@@ -59,7 +59,7 @@ DOCUMENTATION:
INSTALLING the kernel source:
- If you install the full sources, put the kernel tarball in a
- directory where you have permissions (eg. your home directory) and
+ directory where you have permissions (e.g. your home directory) and
xz -cd linux-4.X.tar.xz | tar xvf -
@@ -125,7 +125,7 @@ BUILD directory for the kernel:
When compiling the kernel, all output files will per default be
stored together with the kernel source code.
- Using the option "make O=output/dir" allow you to specify an alternate
+ Using the option "make O=output/dir" allows you to specify an alternate
place for the output files (including .config).
@@ -159,9 +159,9 @@ CONFIGURING the kernel:
"make nconfig" Enhanced text based color menus.
- "make xconfig" X windows (Qt) based configuration tool.
+ "make xconfig" Qt based configuration tool.
- "make gconfig" X windows (GTK+) based configuration tool.
+ "make gconfig" GTK+ based configuration tool.
"make oldconfig" Default all questions based on the contents of
your existing ./.config file and asking about
@@ -268,8 +268,8 @@ COMPILING the kernel:
Normally, the kernel build system runs in a fairly quiet mode (but not
totally silent). However, sometimes you or other kernel developers need
to see compile, link, or other commands exactly as they are executed.
- For this, use "verbose" build mode. This is done by inserting
- "V=1" in the "make" command. E.g.:
+ For this, use "verbose" build mode. This is done by passing
+ "V=1" to the "make" command, e.g.
make V=1 all
@@ -300,7 +300,7 @@ COMPILING the kernel:
kernel image file is usually /vmlinuz, /boot/vmlinuz, /bzImage or
/boot/bzImage. To use the new kernel, save a copy of the old image
and copy the new image over the old one. Then, you MUST RERUN LILO
- to update the loading map!! If you don't, you won't be able to boot
+ to update the loading map! If you don't, you won't be able to boot
the new kernel image.
Reinstalling LILO is usually a matter of running /sbin/lilo.