Diffstat (limited to 'README')
1 files changed, 4 insertions, 4 deletions
@@ -151,7 +151,7 @@ CONFIGURING the kernel:
your existing ./.config file.
Like above, but avoids cluttering the screen
- with question already answered.
+ with questions already answered.
NOTES on "make config":
- having unnecessary drivers will make the kernel bigger, and can
@@ -199,9 +199,9 @@ COMPILING the kernel:
are installing a new kernel with the same version number as your
working kernel, make a backup of your modules directory before you
do a "make modules_install".
- In alternative, before compiling, edit your Makefile and change the
- "EXTRAVERSION" line - its content is appended to the regular kernel
+ Alternatively, before compiling, use the kernel config option
+ "LOCALVERSION" to append a unique suffix to the regular kernel version.
+ LOCALVERSION can be set in the "General Setup" menu.
- In order to boot your new kernel, you'll need to copy the kernel
image (e.g. .../linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage after compilation)